McLean is an award winning British singer-songwriter, returning with his sensational new single ‘Does It Hurt’!
Music runs in my family, my dad John McLean is a reggae singer and his brothers were in bands and I heard my dad on radio and was inspired by it.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
Be successful, sell lots of records, perform all over the world and keep doing it for a long time.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
Since I was 7 years old
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
1) Michael Jackson
2) R Kelly
3) Otis Redding – people that I grew up listening to and would try to sing like
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
Produced by TMS, mixed & mastered by Steve Orchard – it’s out on the 18th November
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
Essex – no real local music scene – but favourite place is NuBar
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
8. Give our readers a roundup of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.