1. How did you get your initial start in music?
I grew up playing music (piano and flute) around fires that raged through my homeland. We sang about the usual – lust, gluttony, greed, anger, violence, fraud, and treachery.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
To unite the ubiquitous forces of evil and desire within the music industry.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
I’ve been writing my own music since my father first appeared and gave me his old harp. He no longer had use for it.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
(1) Moses and the Ten Commandments. Excellent outline material. Commandments VI – X are especially suggestive. 😉
(2) Past loves – human and non-human.
(3) Axemen and shredders.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
They’d better listen… Characula’s coming to England early next year to get you!! Warning: Arrangements have been made.
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
I’m based out of a place that’s very hot and filled with dead people (I think) running around like maniacs. (LA, baby.) Needless to say, the scene is DEAD!
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
www.characula.com has all the links you need to learn more about Characula!