It was after hearing Queens of the Stone Age’s lullabies to paralyze I set out to learn how to play guitar when I was 13 through Esteban DVD’s but found it too hard. I later picked it back up when I was 16 teaching myself basic chords and writing material with those new chords.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
I would like to have the track on radio that gave those chills down your spine. I would love to tour and see the U.K. Set up the biggest rock and roll concert ever seen.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
5 Years, I have wrote and recorded over 30 songs.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
The pixies have to be one of my main influences, I love the diversity in their song writing, their live performance of tame when Black Francis screams never fails to give me energy.
Queens of the stone Age they first introduced me to rock and roll. I spent times in early high school playing air guitar to Josh Homme’s Riffs. I have heard every album of theirs.
Captain Beefheart was also a recent influence on songwriting he has been one of the more obscure which after studying his album safe as milk.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
Every song takes on different emotions, Mainly love and loss and anger. I find it impossible to fake a song. I think faking an emotion or playing for someone else makes for a bad song, that is why a lot of our stuff sounds different from each other. I would say listen to it twice.
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
We are based out of Everett Washington, the music scene was very scarce a few years back but we have worked to get people out there and ever since their has been as few venues. 3231 Creatives theater, the Jericho, Cafe Zippy ands the recently departed Old Strokers which gave us our start.
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
John Paul and The Apostles are one of the kindest bands you will meet and they have a rocking sound. Psychedelephant is another one great stage presence.
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
You can get to us through Facebook
Soundcloud for downloads