1. How did you get your initial start in music?
Everyone in the band was already working as freelance musicians before the band started up. We started out by performing our music on the streets of London. Our music organically grew from our acquaintance and the band members slowly but gradually joined and helped the direction of our music.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
We would love to be touring the world and playing as many live performances as possible, we love performing. TV and film music would also be something we’d be very interested in, we love music and we’d love to create music for projects that we like. Collaborating with other artists is also something we’d be very interested in doing.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
As a band we have been writing our own music from the start, we spontaneously started up with the band in 2007.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
This is a hard one to answer as we have so so many influences, but if we have to sum it up it would have to be Paco de Lucia, Buena Vista social club and Ojos de Brujo. Paco and Ojos de brujo use a lot of elements of different genres in their music, and have somehow been pioneers in the world of fusing flamenco, latin and north african styles in their own unique style. Buena vista social club really influenced us in a latin sense. Other influences include Gypsy Kings, Rodrgio y Gabriella and Vicente Amigo.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
Se acabo is the latest song we wrote and it’s one of our happy sunny songs.
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
We are London & Cambridge based and some of our Favourite venues include the Richmix, the Junction and the Green note in Camden town.
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
Other bands in the local scene to check out are Karama, Seeds of creation and Wara
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
Read more about us and hear more of our music at www.fernandoskitchen.com