1. How did you get your initial start in music?
We had all been in bands from a young age. Gav was actually in the first incarnation of 90’s dream pop band ‘Dubstar’, Scott and Ross both had a bit of success with Electro/Rock band ‘Suzi Won’ and Neal was in various rock bands.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
We want to tour the world, with good crowds going crazy at our shows. We all love travelling, so to get to do it with 3 of your best mates is just a bonus.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
Since we began in bands. None of us were ever in tribute bands or cover bands. Gav is a producer and owns BaseHQ Studios in Newcastle. So he has plenty of experience. Scott and Ross are both self taught and write in their respective home studios. Neal has a great ear for guitar lines, and when not to overplay, which fits our band perfectly.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
Musically its hard to say. We like people who push boundaries within their genre. I (Ross) always been a huge fan of Shiny Toy Guns. We appreciate how well Prodigy cross the rock/electronic boundary, and i suppose at heart we’re all metal fans, so probably a bit Rammstein.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
It’s an anthem for anyone feeling a bit down. To let everyone know it’ll be fine, you always have friends and family. Just party until the sun comes up.
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
We’re all based in and around Newcastle Upon Tyne. There’s some great venues here. I’m glad Trillians rock bar has re-opened. Digital is great for electronic and dance music.. Or if you’re after some real emerging acts, check out the Head of Steam or the Cluny. Of course we have the O2 Academy for more established acts.
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
You can find us on www.souncloud.com/rossinoise, www.facebook.com/rossinoise, www.youtube.com/rossinoise, www.twitter.com/rossinoise and you can check out our shenanigans in pictures on instagram @Rossinoise