I was singing before I was talking and playing piano before I could walk properly, so I can’t remember my initial start in music! It has been part of my life since the very beginning.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
I can’t say that I have an “ultimate” aim as I never want to feel like I have achieved the “ultimate goal” as that would result in a lack of motivation to push myself further creatively. I suppose in a few years time I would like to see myself with a few albums under my belt and to be recognised and respected for my music to a point where it opens up other doors for me in the art world.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
I think I wrote my first song when I was about 7.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
Beck, Prince & Mike Patton because they have always stayed true to their originality as artists.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
It is a collection of pieces from various stages in my development as a composer, this is why I named it ‘Thoughtsteps’. There are some recent songs in there as well as songs that I have had for a few years. It will be released on June 9th.
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
I am currently based in London so there isn’t really a local scene as such. I am playing Brixton Hootananny on Saturday which is always fun. I like that venue.
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
High Cross Society, Lazy Habits, More Like Trees, Reeps One, Hollie Cook, The Hypnotic Eye, Baby Sol, Swiss Lips
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
All the usual places. fjokra.com has all the links to my various video and social media sites.