I always knew I was Creative and ultimately had to do something Creative to be happy in life. I studied languages and then went on to train to be a Librarian, and worked in lots of Libraries for years. Then one day I realised I was focusing so much on the ‘serious job’ that I had forgotten my passions! I took a Singing lesson in 2010 and the Teacher asked where I sing (which was no where at the time!), he told me that I was a Singer, I should write songs, get a band and get out there…..and I never looked back.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
To be recognised as a great Song writer and / or Artist. To make a living out of my music. No fame and paparazzi, just the possibility to do what I love.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
Feels like forever (in a good way!) but only since 2010! There have already been 2 EPs and one full album release since then, so not bad going!
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
They aren’t people! Day to day life, relationships and my thoughts on those things.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
I literally suffered bouts of angst all the way through making it, and it seems any one who came into my path did too! Lol….it was all part of the AAA experience though, which came good in the end! (I think / hope…ummm listen to the album and tell me! :P)
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
I’m based in London. I gigged a lot the first 2 years when I started out with a band which took up so much time I stopped writing music! I have since focused more on song writing.
I’ll be booking some solo dates after the album release though!
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
I’ll update you on this after my next gig!
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
Best place is The Cheek of Her website: www.thecheekofher.com where you’ll find links to TCOH social media pages, music, videos and more! Do pop by! Thank you! The Cheek of Her xx