I come from a musical family so I started getting into music at a very early age with my father the driving force behind it all. I must of been about 6 and my father has been the biggest inspiration to me, he introduced me into music, pushed me hard and never gave up on the idea of seeing his kids up on the big stage. And recently we managed to which we managed to realize his dream by representing Malta at the Eurovision this year.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
To have success with my music and be respected as a good songwriter, singer and musician.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
I starting playing piano and singing at the age of 6 but starting writing music at 14, to be honest I think I was to young to write anything that had any substance cause at 14 I had no experiences worth singing about but you have to start somewhere.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
I grow up listening to The Beatles and Pink floyd and they have been great teachers, they are the reason I fell in love with music but I love all kinds of music and it hard to say which are the top 3.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
Don’t fade away is the first released from my album The Parade. The past five years have been a long journey of self discovery. I’m so proud of this album because it’s me. It’s the realization of my music, my sound. And it’s also a reflection of how far I’ve come; the events life has carried me through, It’s my wish to all my fans that the music will speak to you and your life, as it does to mine.”
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
I am based in Malta and perform all year round and local scene is pretty lovely especially in the summer. I try to make each event special and treat every gig the same way.
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
We have some great bands in band over here. Firelight are a band I absolutly love, they are a folk rock band and have awesome song, One track to check out will be Coming Home.
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music
All lastest news and music is available at http://www.waynewilliam.com Be sure to sign up to my mailing list so we can keep in touch.