1. How did you get your initial start in music?
Music has always been a part of me… my heartbeat! Professionally my firs real steps into the music industry was via the X Factor.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
I would love to be an household name in the UK and love my songs to be sung and heard around the world. I also wouldn’t say no to a Grammy Award… hahaha!
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
Writing songs was a form of therapy throughout my life, whenever I felt I had hit a stumbling block. I am currently writing and recording my debut album and it is almost like an autobiography of my life so far.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
1. Fantasia Barrino, I love her confidence, stage presence and her amazing vocal ability.
I watched fantasia whilst she was on American idol. I was drawn to her, she really reminded me of myself.
2. Stevie Wonder = Legend! Definitely for his song writing ability. He’s a Genius.
3. Tina Turner has got to be for her stage presence and ability to dance in heels lol!
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
I was deeply moved by the recent scenes in Nigeria, with the school girls being kidnapped.
Being a mother of a young daughter myself, I decided to write a song to bring awareness and shed light on the #BringBackOurGirls Movement.
My song “Let Me Go” is from the heart…
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
I’m based in South London and I can see the O2 Arena from my living room. I love it there, I am either at the indigO2 or at the main arena most of the time
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
A singer called Annastasia Baker is really making waves at the moment… lol!
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.