1. How did you get your initial start in music?
We all grew up playing music when our fingers could stretch far enough but Fireproof Giant began to form whilst we were touring with the Circus.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
To be accompanied by an orchestra would probably be the high point. There are a lot of classical influences in our music and it would be wonderful to explore that on a grander scale.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
We’ve been writing music together for the last 2 years and left the circus just this year to further pursue our musical desires.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
Sigur Ros because their music is timeless, heart breaking and they create an atmosphere like no other. Arcade Fire because of their sudden surprising changes and stunning lyrics. Sufjan Stevens for his honesty and adventurousness.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
We’ve released ‘A Place to Start’ for our listeners to pay what they want. All money will go towards us making more music. This way it’s not just us that makes the music but our fans and they are a part of what we create for them.
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
We’re based in Cardiff and it’s got a really great music scene that’s improving more and more. There are some lovely venues with a wide variety of styles but Gwdihw has a great atmosphere and books some terrific bands.
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
Jess Ward from Pembrokeshire is something special. She plays harp and sings beautifully.
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.