1. How did you get your initial start in music?
It was by accident really. Some friends were playing at an all sayer gig and asked me to fill on between their shows. I had never sung in front of an audience on my own so i was scared to death. It went down well and it all just snowballed from there.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
To play in Vegas!
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
I have only just started over the last year or so, working with a friend on different ideas. I have always liked to write poetry so song lyrics are like poetry set to music!
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
Doris Day. She has an amazing amount of talent and is very underestimated in a lot of circles. Her voice is pure, brilliant and personal. She has a great outlook on life and is a real all round entertainer
Peggy Lee. I love her style of singing….laid back and sultry. She also wrote many of her songs.
Johnny Mercer. He has to be the best lyricist of all time. If you hear a classic tune, chances are, Johnny Mercer wrote the lyric.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
I have been working videos for the 4 songs! I have really enjoyed filming them. Filming a short film takes forever…..so many changes and so many takes but I am really pleased with the result.
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
I am based in Staffordshire …out in the countryside! I rarely get to play local gigs. I am usually travelling all over the country. One of my favourite venues is the Stables in Milton Keynes. A great atmosphere and a wonderful sound.
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
Si Cranstoun (Vintage scene)
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
youtube and most internet online music stores