How did you get your initial start in music?
- Well, we all come musical households. Sergi has been playing guitar for as long as he can remember, Joel started out with the sax but soon realized that the drums were his true calling and has been playing them now for about 16 years. Marc on the other hand was invited to play bass for a band when he was 15, and since he didn’t own a bass guitar he started playing bass on the sixth string of a Spanish guitar until he finally decided to get his own bass, that was about 13 years ago. As for my part, I’ve always been singing, my mother always encouraged me to sing and I’ve kept at it ever since, singing all the way from Opera to Rock.
What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
- I don’t think we have clear expectations of success, however we want to make a living out of music and be able to express ourselves freely through music.
How long have you been writing your own music?
- We started playing together as a band last year in February, so not too long, however we’d all had previous projects before Strange Fiction, so we’ve been individually songwriting for a while now.
Who are your top three influences and why?
- That’s a tough Question…. but I would have to say Led Zeppelin, Michael Jackson and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
- Yes, we do! “Orange” was composed and recorded within six months. We think it’s fresh & most of all, it’s honest! and our live show sounds the same (some people say that it has even more punch!).
Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
- We’re currently based at Barcelona. Local scene is full of great musicians and you can find gigs daily. However, Barcelona’s noise regulations make it hard for venues to embrace bands playing loud. That’s why almost every band in Barcelona adapts their set list to acoustic format, which is a shame since that’s not the format we’ve chosen for our music. Our favourite venue surely has to be City Hall.
Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
- The last 3 lines (indie rock) https://www.facebook.com/thelast3lines
- El Tercer Semestre (math rock) https://www.facebook.com/eltercersemestre
Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
- Best place to find us online is our website http://www.strangefiction.co.uk/ You’ll find our videos, music and the awesome story of how we met the Galaxy-Head 🙂
- Other places to find us:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/strangefictionband
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/StrangeFiction_
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StrangeFictionBand
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/strange_fiction_band/
- Bandcamp: https://strangefiction.bandcamp.com/
- Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/strangefictionband