How did you get your initial start in music?
- F: I started at age of 6, when my mother decided to send me to some audition for a choir and I got The place. From that moment I started singing as an amateur and it lasted until I was until 14 years old, then I stopped for some time. It was only 4/5 years ago that I understood that my vocation was singing and music.. Music makes me feel alive, free… There’s nothing better than feeling free! It’s something that it’s hard to feel in our lives. I started taking vocal classes, first with opera singing then with a different teacher for a rock approach to my vocals and I liked the latter better. I also started taking guitar classes and still continuing.
What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
- F: Be a rockstar ! Actually, music is my biggest passion and through it I can express myself for Who I really am…you know, I was talking earlier about freedom… So freedom for my mind is my ultimate aim, then of course I’d love to leave a permanent mark with my vocals, lyrics on other people’s souls, that’s the best! The music biz? Well, I’ll let you know when I’ll care about it, for now it’s just me, my guitar, my voice…pure freedom.
How long have you been writing your own music?
- F: To be honest, I started writing music only in these past 2/3 years, because it was difficult for me to write down all of my agony and thoughts, I used to keep them inside myself. You see, even answering these questions in this interview…I don’t talk much, I’m opening up more recently but it’s still an ongoing process.
Who are your top three influences and why?
- F: Well, It’s not easy choose only three, but for sure, when I listened to Janis Joplin the first time, I thought: “Oh my God! Who is this singer with this f*** amazing tormented voice ?”. Guns ‘N’ Roses, the way Axl pitched his voice, it slashes you like a sword. Also Annie Lennox with her warm, tender but also strong voice influenced me.
Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
- F: Rock ‘N’ Roll Mafia will be out on May 11th via Musicarchy Media and will be distributed by Symphonic. It contains 14 tracks in its digital version and 15 in the physical CD. The song ‘Limitless For Life’ can be only found in the physical CD. Rock ‘N’ Roll Mafia is our debut album and we’re still in disbelief that we found a label crazy enough to give a chance to a new band! It’s so hard these days… This album is the perfect mix of five souls, everyone with his or her own story. It’s an album that deals with everyday life and feelings, it’s a mix of moods, styles, thoughts, sometimes it makes you happy, but then it suddenly slaps you in the face!
Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
- F: At the moment I live in Milan and my local scene isn’t too interesting honestly. As for us, Rockstar Frame, we can be better described by this quote: “We’re in the jungle, baby!”
Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
- F: ROCKSTAR FRAME ROCKSTAR FRAME ROCKSTAR FRAME … C’MON!
Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
- F: You guys can find Rockstar Frame on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/RockstarFrame, Twitter https://twitter.com/RockstarFrame, on Musicarchy Media’s website www.musicarchymedia.com. Then save the date: May 11th 2015 go on every online store like iTunes, Spotify and the rest and buy your copy of Rock ‘N’ Roll Mafia! You won’t regret it I promise!