1. How did you get your initial start in music?
I was born in a very musical family that’s why my first performance was in 3 years old. Then it was a long way of festivals, competitions and different bands. Then I met Val and we started The Hardkiss. Val was always in art. He was studying Fine art in Central Saint Martins. But after the graduation he suddenly decided that music would be much more interesting for him.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
Actually we want to share our music and thoughts with everyone. We want to prove that an ambitious young band from Ukraine can be in demand abroad. We want to blow up the stereotype that Ukraine is only about boxer Klitschko or football player Shevchenko. Ukraine is about good music too.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
Professionally for 10 years. But the best ones I’m writing for The Hardkiss for 3 years.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
Rachelle Ferrell – because she is unbelievable vocalist. When I was 13 I copied every note she sang.
The Prodigy – because of unique music style and because Val lived next door to them in London and heard all that crazy beats.
Queen – because they are the legends.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
It’s our experiment, our first duet with Kazaky band. It is a mix of dance music and rock. It is already in European top charts. Hope that you’ll love it too!
6.Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
We live and work in Kiev (Ukraine). We are very known here, we are touring, we are the headliners of the most popular Ukrainian and European festivals as Jazz Koktebel, Fine misto, Midem ets. So it’s time to share our music with UK.
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
Ocean Elzy, Dakha Brakha, Onuka.
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
The best way is to watch us on our YouTube channel
And facebook https://www.facebook.com/THEHARDKISS