1. How did you get your initial start in music?
- I was given an acoustic guitar when I was 6y/o & I tried to put on a concert in front of my first grade class. However I just bashed on the strings.
- By the end of primary School (Year 6) I had formed a band with my bothers and we played at the farewell dance. (My uncle lent us the amps, so we were very loud).
- Later in life, my brothers & I performed a lot around the East Coast of Australia, from Sydney, down to Melbourne all the way up to Brisbane and back again every summer.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
- We are not greedy, we would like to be finically secure and continue to perform Live to appreciative audiences.
- I think it would be great to start a ‘Scene’ that could help foster new bands/talent and give them some real alternative paths to a career in music other than ‘Idol’ or ‘The Voice’.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
- I wrote my first serious song way back in 1989. I was very young. By the end of High-School I knew my way around a riff or two and a 4 chord song.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
- Led Zeppelin: as a guitarist/song writer. I love the riffs & the way they ‘borrowed’ from their major influences whilst bringing something new to the table.
- The Baby Animals: Well crafted catchy rock/pop with a foxy front women.
- Queens Of The Stone Age: in particular the Album ‘Songs For The Deaf’, that album displays some extraordinary Rock’n’Roll and dark disturbing Pop. All three of those groups have influenced me heavily. Currently Philip Sayce’s album ‘Influence’ is really ‘doing it’ for me. However every time I switch on the radio I am influenced in some way either for good or for bad.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
- Our E.p, will be released on Saturday 4th of July. The Launch party will be on a boat on the River Seine in Paris @ ‘La Dame De Canton’.
- We are super pleased with this recording. We called in some favours from some very special people. The E.P was recorded in Paris byFrançois Ageorges, mixed in Perth, Australia by the amazing Eddie Parise and is currently being mastered in the U.S by the greatPatrick Klem mastering master.
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
- I am from Sydney Australia, the other 3 in the band are from France. We all live in Paris & love to play to a sweaty semi-drunk crowd at ‘Le Bus Palladium’ in Paris. French audiences are rather receptive to good pumping live music and there is a good ‘Rock’ scene here in Paris France.
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
Two groups come to mind off the bat.
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
- You can follow ‘ORNELLA’ via all main the social media links listed below and check out the single “Set Me Free” on the ‘Soundcloud’ link below as well.