1. How did you get your initial start in music?
I started out playing covers in local pubs when I was 17. I just wanted to get out there playing music and a couple of places really helped and supported me by having me back and by getting me gigs elsewhere.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
I would absolutely love to get the opportunity to go on tour. That would be awesome.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
I started writing my own music when I was about 15/16. I actually wrote an album in the first year of college and to this day only a few people have heard it!
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
(an we omit this question?)
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
(can we do the same for this?)
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
I’m based on the Fylde coast. the local scene is actually a really heavy one so I don’t really fit in with it all that much. My favourite venue around here is the one that has supported me since I first started and that is Uncle Tom’s Cabin in Blackpool.
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
I play live as rumboy with a friend of mine who is an incredible guitarist. He is called Josh Skorkz and I think he will do so some really good things.
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
I use Facebook mainly for posting about gigs and keeping people up to date (facebook.com/officialrumboy) I use soundcloud to introduce people to my new music. (soundcloud.com/rumboy) I post any music videos or live gig films onto the rumboy youtube account.