1. How did you get your initial start in music? – I was doing a village event called “Tetsworths got talent” – actually I was competing for 1st place against a great dane that could dance. It was close but fortunately I won. One of the guys on the judging panel liked it and said he would pay for me to do some recording, it all started from there.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry? – We love playing gigs, so stadium sell outs would be really great!
3. How long have you been writing your own music? – I’ve been writing for 13 years now, when I started playing guitar I started writing songs then. I would have liked to find a singer, but there really was no one so I learned myself. It took me longer to learn to sing than it did to learn guitar,
4. Who are your top three influences and why? – Slash, Hendrix, Noel Gallagher – I always loved Guns and Roses and Slash made the band for me really. Note for note guitar perfection, if I could get anywhere near that I’d be a happy man! I think Hendrix is an influence on all guitarists. What I really take from him is his wild creativity. It just kind of flowed out of him, there was barrier between his brain and his fingers. Just an incredibly natural guitarist and there’s never been anyone close to that since. Noel Gallagher I love for his song writing rather than his guitar playing. The man has wrote SO many great tracks. Oasis are a marmite band though really, you either love them or hate them. But the biggest influence on my song writing is definatly Noel.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release? It’s a really good reflection of us live. If you like the recording come and see us live.
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues? We are based around Oxford / Aylesbury. I have to say Aylesbury is pretty good, a great music venue is Shoot Pool. They just love live music in there and are super freidnly people. I’d recommend it to any music fan. They have full band jam nights every Thursday too which is nice to go down, have a drink and smash out some loud guitar with a load of random musicians!
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to? Georgie Bird, Callow Saints, Raving Wild, Tony Goff and Side Walk Express – Are all awesome bands, all very different but all really cool.
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music. Best place to go is facebook.com/sinfiction but have a listen on soundcloud.com/sinfiction too – we are big on our newsletter to, you can sign up at the website www.sinfiction.co.uk