- How did you get your initial start in music?
I started singing & having piano lessons aged 5. I remember wandering around gardens making up songs! However it wasn’t till I picked up the guitar in my early twenties that I started writing structured songs rather than rambling inventions.
- What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
Wow that’s a big question. In a nutshell it would have to be to have a career with longevity and to be able to explore many different musical ideas whilst still being able to connect to people and retain my own identity.
- How long have you been writing your own music?
Since I started to play instruments,
- Who are your top three influences and why?
Tina Turner for her animalistic/ powerful presence on stage and her unique vocals. PJ Harvey for creating music that is visually intense. Thom Yorke/Radiohead for their amazing ability to push themselves into new musical territories whilst treading the fine line between integrity and commercial success
- Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
That I slaved over it for years! No, jokes apart I hope that people will make their own personal connection to the music regardless of its/my intent.
- Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
I’m based in Bologna in Italy and over the years the local music scene has shut down a bit. It’s very jazz centric or cover bands. So many bands starting out don’t really get a launch platform or a base from which to start. My favourite local venues are estragon or locomotiv.
- Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
For people who like hard grunge they should check out Malascena. Another band I gigged with a while back-sylvias magic hands they did cool psychedelic folk.
- Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
All the usual channels. Facebook, Twitter, soundcloud etc My website is currently under development but should be up by september.
Packshor Video https://youtu.be/PXiG3M2Hygk