- How did you get your initial start in music?
All members of Beverly Girl have been playing and singing for ages – it has been a way of life, just like for most of musicians around the world. Beverly Girl comes from an art school background, which has definitely loosened up the approach to making music and performing. The members met each other a few years ago here in Helsinki, and teamed up for making music as Beverly Girl.
- What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
Beverly GIrl is working towards building a steady following in and outside of Finland. The ultimate goal would be to make funky music with an extra heavy beat.
- How long have you been writing your own music?
- Who are your top three influences and why?
Top three, hmm…
- Blade Runner – a complete world which Beverly Girl very heavily relates to
- Funk music – won’t ever let anybody down!
- Computers – they have helped music a lot
- Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
It is the first of three singles that will be released during the next six months or so. After that, lots of new things coming out!
- Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
Beverly Girl is located in Helsinki, Finland, which has it’s own small live scene. Several venues have closed down lately, but there’s still places to perform at, luckily.
- Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
There’s a great, unique band called Straktobeam. Beverly Girl feels that they should be touring all over the world.
- Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
If on Facebook, Beverly Girl can be found at https://www.facebook.com/beverlygirl
Other than that, stuff can be also found at places like: