1. How did you get your initial start in music?
I have been singing as long as I remember. My family has always been supportive of me learning about music all my life. My grandmother was a painter, who introduced me to her favorite classical composers, such as Beethoven, which influenced me to officially start learning and performing with piano lessons at six years old.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
I aim for my work to be enjoyed by a global audience. I ultimately aim for my work to be valued at the level of the all time greats in music and to make a positive difference.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
I have been writing music since I was six years old.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
My top three influences right now are definitely Michael Jackson, Skrillex, and Max Martin. Michael Jackson is an all time great. He connected with millions around the world with a multi decade career, and he is still seen as a pop music staple. His work originally influenced me to seriously pursue music. Skrillex is a modern day great that influenced me by how he pushes boundaries and challenges our ears. He is a multitalented artist helping create the sound of the future. I am influenced by Max Martin because of his ability to keep crafting the next Top 40 hits. He has been at it for decades and is still going strong.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
“Closer To My Body” is included on my upcoming EP, “The Hunger” which will be released on February 19th. Check out the Pre-order on February 5th!
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
I am currently based in London. My favorite venue so far is Proud Camden. I like standing room venues and I like that they have a variety of acts during the same night. They also had a hot tub outside!
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
I recommend up and coming ambient folk artist “Ghost.” I worked with Ghost’s Antonio Camilli recently on the new single, “Silk Threads” which you can find on Soundcloud.
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
You can find me online at www.karelmusic.com, as well as Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter. You can hear the music on my website, as well as all the main online services, such as iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal, Bandcamp, etc.