- How did you get your initial start in music?
3 of us started off in other bands, apart from the bassist Cameron, this is his first band.
- What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
Gain a small fanbase, get signed to a small label, have enough money to keep on making music and touring round the UK/Europe in small to medium sized venues and for enough people to show up at each one that loves and enjoys our music. That would be amazing if we can get to that stage.
- How long have you been writing your own music?
Me (Scott) and Dan have been writing music (separately) since we were very young, 8 in my case, dan a little older. For Moon Rover, I wrote everything on the album we have, but we’ve since started writing newer stuff together as a unit.
- Who are your top three influences and why?
As a band, our main influences come from 90’s alt rock bands mostly. As a top 3 I would say Smashing Pumpkins, My Bloody Valentine and HUM.
- Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
Play Radio Noises loud, and watch the video with it!! Come to our shows and watch us play it!
- Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
We are based in Newcastle, the local scene is not great to be honest, it’s nothing on Manchester/leeds/Glasgow, we want to play these places and others more than Newcastle! But Newcastle NUSU and think tank are good venues!
- Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
Mouses, a great Lofi Punk band from Teeside, Exit Earth, a grungy indie band from Leeds, and Shamu, a 2 piece electronic indie band from Newcastle. All fantastic.
- Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
We are currently on Facebook, Twitter, bandcamp, soundcloud, music glue, YouTube…i think that’s it!! Just search Moon Rover.