- How did you get your initial start in music?
I had some guitar lessons when I was 11 and learnt a few of my favourite songs and was hooked from that point onwards!
- What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
Playing your own music is cool. To play live in as many places possible in front of anyone possible is great. If I can manage that in countries across the world that could be cool.
- How long have you been writing your own music?
When I was s kid I wrote songs, they were terrible!!! but they helped me express whatever it was I was thinking about at the time, which was cool. After co-writing in bands through collage and stuff I began to seriously write my own tunes. Some of them even made it on the album, I’m always writing.
- Who are your top three influences and why?
This is hard!! When I really started to find my singing voice I listened to a lot of Paul Rodgers. Also Janus Joplin, she was an incredible woman as well as having an awesome voice. As far as song writers go I have listened to a lot of Bruce Springsteen over the last few years. He’s a man who can tell a story or two! And the music is so well crafted and ‘full’ it’s great.
- Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
‘Leave Me To Me’ is the first single off the debut album ‘Early Workings Of An Open Mind’
- Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
Karmilla is based in Reading UK. There is a cool music scene there, and with the Festival taking over once a year, the town gets really busy. There are a few cool ‘music’ venues. All the pubs play live music too which is cool.
- Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
‘Third Lung’ are a rock band who can pack a punch! Defiantly a credible band to look out for.
- Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
Everything you need is on the website