Growing up I always had a passion for writing and doing music but never serious until I was in college. In college my passion and skills improved to the point, I decided to pursue a career in music. In 2009 I released my first project “The six Boro mixtape” under the artist name “Fardaru”, Using aspects from my life growing up in Far Rockaway queens, and the struggles of living in New York city as the muse for this project. Later I met and teamed up with producer Danny Switchblade in 2010, where I continued to develop my musical sound and experiment with fusing electronica dance and Hip Hop musical genres. It was at this point that I change my name from Fardaru to “SPEED AUTOBAHN” to reflect my fast pace/ high energy musical style.
- What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
Stardom and fame is always the mission, but honestly just being able to create music that people could dance, party and love has always been my greatest focus. The ability to do what I love and have people appreciate it is a reward in its self.
- How long have you been writing your own music?
Since a kid I always had the passion to drive and express myself. Started off as poetry and continued to grow throughout the years.
- Who are your top three influences and why?
Its hard to pick three top musical influences, Growing up being from queens, Nas was definitely my first musical inspiration and later artist like T.I, big L influenced my writing lyrically and uptempo flow. More seasoned artist like James Brown, Prince, Michael jackson, David Bowie, David Guetta, kid Cudi, lady gaga and Chuck barry influenced me to become a greater entertainer and search for my own cool diverse sound. Bands like the Beatles, phantom, imagine dragons also help shape my sound.
- Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
My song “Live it Up” is one of the singles off my new album “E.N.S” (Earth Need for Speed). E.N.S is a high energy sci-fi theme project that will make you dance and party all night. The Single “Live It Up” is a special song that I dedicated to a friend of my mine that passed.
- Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
I’m originally from Far Rockaway, Queens NY and I currently reside in Manhattan, NY. NYC is a city full of great musical diversity and culture. There are many venues like Harlem Shrine, Santos Party House, Bowery Ballroom; that I love to perform at or just visit as a spectator.
- Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to? NYC has a lot of great artists and performers of all musical genres. i would definitely recommend checking out the following local NYC artists and bands like Danny Switchblade, Marc Billz, Ce’neda, Lapse, DJ Integrity.
- Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
Snapchat: Speed Autobahn