1. How did you get your initial start in music?
I started playing open mic at 11 years old, that gave me the self belief that I could be the best. Once my brother Freddie started playing keyboard, we lent Francis a drum kit, put a band together and that was that.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
We just want to constantly produce new sounds that keep surprising people and always be the best band there is.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
I’m 18 now, and I was writing my own tunes on a Gibson Les Paul guitar that my uncle gave me whilst I was doing open mic at 11.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
The Who, The Stone Roses, The Talking Heads.. Because of how timeless their music is. It still sounds modern today and that inspires us. They’re also still seen as the best live bands of all time (not The Stone Roses that is…)
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
It’s a back lash against the biggest con in musical history, all the talentless electronically produced junk! It’s time that today’s youth stopped being brainwashed into thinking it’s actually good.
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
We are based in Devon, and the local music scene is not what we’d call good. It’s alright if you’ve got a camper van and you’re sat around a campfire with an acoustic guitar, strumming love songs to your best mate. But that’s not rock n roll enough for The Blend! They can’t handle our raw power and energy around here so it’s hard to comment on a favourite venue as we are banned from the festivals and not welcome in the pubs and clubs.
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
There’s no one locally that inspires us… There was one band from Exeter that were ok ish called Cold Play or something but they sold out when they made a Christmas song.
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
Facebook: The Blend
iTunes: The Blend All Departures
Amazon: The Blend All Departures