Now one of UK grime’s most promising artists, midlands MC Fangol was in a very different place in 2012. Embroiled in UK gang culture at the time, Fangol hit a turning point at age 19 when two of his friends – one in Nottingham, one in London – were shot and killed.
1. How did you get your initial start in music?
I was a born musician from the womb and everything started happening after that!
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
My ultimate aim would be to enjoy the journey on the way of being a world selling musical artist
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
I used to mess about writing lyrics since I was about 9 / 10
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
Lauren Hill – For her melodies and style
Wiley – For his leadership and waves
Vybes Kartel – His melodies
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
Its one of the best grime releases for years and its breaking barrier’s for the future of grime music!
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
I’m based in Nottingham. The local scene is good and run by a lot of grime kids, – Rock City
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
NSB , SPARX, KRYPTIC and DANNY DORITO, Beat Geeks
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.
FANGOL OFFICIAL on FACEBOOK