A recent chat with KLOQ shed a shining light on their influences, background and hopes and dreams. Here’s what they had to say:
1. How did you get your initial start in music?
We all got interested in music at an early age. There’s a massive music scene in Essex and it’s very electronic orientated to a point.. That’s how we all evolved in to Musician’s we are now.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
Our ultimate aim would be to have longevity. To get up in the morning and have music as a day to day job..
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
We’ve all been writing music since our early teens.
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
Top three Kloq influences would have to be Nine inch nails, The Prodigy, Soul wax. This is only the tip of the iceberg but these three influences are the ones that bind the band together.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
Hmmm, the million dollar question! It’s out there and it’s something very accessible. Current, yet forward thinking big production, massive choruses!
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
We are based in Essex. The scene has always been great here! More and more venues have shut down but there’s still great bands here. There’s no real good venues so we tend to end up in London…. The odd local promoter may put on a night and it’s then you get to see the talent out there! Chinnerys in Southend is pretty good though!?
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
There’s one band to look out for… Killatrix! They’re a great electronic punky mix of styles. We’ve yet to play with them but it’s only a matter if time..
8. Give our readers a roundup of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.