1. How did you get your initial start in music?
I’ve been into music before I was even walking as a toddler. My Grandfather was a professional gospel singer. I started playing the guitar, drums, & piano at 5 years old & use to go on tour & perform with him at the age of 7 to the age of 9 in his group called The Northernaires so that’s what got me started as a musician.
2. What would be your ultimate aim in the industry?
My ultimate aim is to become one of the best songwriters & inspirational figures in the music industry I eat sleep & breathe music so I plan on doing this for rest of my life weather it’s becoming a label exec or a memorable face in music.
3. How long have you been writing your own music?
I’ve been writing music since I was 13 years old whether it was hooks for other artist or writing my own music. I’ve been basically doing music my whole life I started to take it serious & started recording 2009
4. Who are your top three influences and why?
The top 3 artists that influences me are Usher, Chris Brown , 50 Cent These are the three that I feel I have very similar traits to as an artist as far as my music and creativity I grew up listening to these artist so they had a huge impact on me learning my craft.
5. Is there anything you would like people to know about your current release?
YunG Love The EP is mainly about young adolescent love & what we experience. Production from Bravestarr Beats Rick Hertz & Features By Cocoa Sarai & Cory Jones
6. Where are you based and what’s your local scene like? Any favourite venues?
I reside in Brooklyn New York and Bieng Based in New York is a Gift & a Curse Because Everyone in New York Either Does Music Or Wants To Do Music So it’s hard to Stand Out Nowadays But There are alots great venues Such as Sobs, Irving Plaza, The House Of Blues & Historical Venues Like The Nuyorican Poets Cafe.
7. Who else can you recommend from your local scene for people to have a listen to?
There’s so many Its kind of hard to decide. But I have been very focused on my EP I haven’t really had my ears open to artist from my local scene.
8. Give our readers a round up of where they can find you online and hear more of your music.)
Here’s Where You Can Find Me:
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/uniquedaartist
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/prettyboiiunique
Instagram – http://www.instagram.com/uniquetheartist
View Some Of My Latest Music